New features include:
- OPML auto-discovery link tag added to the “head” section of your page automatically (Sergio provided the code).
- You can suppress the OPML image and link by unchecking a new option “Link to OPML?” which is checked by default when upgrading.
- If you keep the OPML link, I’ve added the new semi-standard OPML icon.
- Closed the “img” tag for the RSS icons for XHTML compliance (oops).
Suggestions for future enhancements:
- Sergio suggested adding more control over how items are displayed. For instance, he would prefer “li” tags instead of a table. I’m going to give that some thought, but perhaps I could include options for prolog, epilog, pre-item, post-item, etc. and let you control the HTML.
- The Dead 2.0 skeptic (who appears to have been hammered out of the blogosphere by the traffic surge incumbent upon his identity intrigue) suggested a while ago that I add some form of paging, so that only the first N items would be displayed unless the user took some action.
What do you think of these suggestions? Got any more?
UPDATE: Latest version here.